Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hey--post #2! That's a record breaker!  Well, things are going fine here. We're getting work done, running errands, shopping, and exploring the area. We all love it so much. This area is absolutely amazing. I think we are going to be so happy here.  The mountains, forests, and streams/waterfalls are a welcome change from the flatness of central IL.  There is no humidity and the weather has been in 60's-70's...making us all very thirsty. I know this will pass, and I really look forward to that day.

Brie is registered for first grade at West Elementary School. She has an open house to go to next Wednesday afternoon, and she will start school two days later, August 29th.  She is excited, nervous, worried--all of the above and more. But she is so strong academically and she has such fun making new friends. I think all will be fine!

Jason LOVES this place. He stays on the deck whenever possible. He loves his home and he LOVES being an only dog, lol. Unfortunately for him, Rex will arrive in a few days to regain the "main man" title.  We still miss CJ so much, but we know he is happy and loved in his new home. Just wishing he was here with us.

I am really appreciating these several days I've been here. I feel like I can find my way around town (that took a few days), I have my schedule for my first day of trainings (Tues), and I've unpacked the few things I was able to bring from IL. I also have shopped and shopped to pick up things to furnish this near-empty apartment. (Definitely my favorite part!).

Dave, his mom, Rex, and a big van full of stuff are leaving in the morning--and they should be here Monday afternoon. Can't wait for them to arrive!

OK I am going to try to post pics on here. Because our limited internet, I might have to wait a few days. Let's see what happens, shall we?

-JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment